Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MixedEmotions: Open-Source Toolbox for Emotion Analysis in Texts, Audios and Videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixedEmotions: Open-Source Toolbox for Emotion Analysis in Texts, Audios and Videos

By Alton Parrish (Reporter)

A European team of researchers, including Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, has developed an open-source toolbox to assess emotions in texts, audios and videos.

MixedEmotions Toolkit is a set of free-source tools that analyzes emotions. This toolbox is the result of MixedEmotions, a research project in which Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) was involved with a consortium of companies, universities and research centers from diverse European countries. The aim of this project is the automatic recognition of emotions through functionalities text, audio and video processing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Faces (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1424

Emotions are essential for our existence. Our actions are affected by both our mood and the way we perceive others. In this way, there is a growing demand to automatically analysis emotions in different fields. The application of this technology is wide, including call centers, smart environments, brand reputation analysis and assistive technology.

Firstly, analysis tools can be highly complex. Emotions detection may require certain previous analysis such as age, gender or facial recognition. Secondly, the analysis also requires both prior knowledge and linguistic resources which are not always public, and thirdly, these tools are usually designed in one language, generally in English.

More

Great tool! Really may be very useful. I know, because I work a lot with audio and video content as a marketer. Very interesting subject. If there are people here who are involved in this sphere as I am let's discuss useful tools! My favorite you can find here

Comment

Working...
    X