Clear All

• How to Increase Your Interesting Factor

By Personal Branding Blog (Reporter)

Click image for larger version

Name:	happiness-824419_640-300x200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	497

Recently, a colleague walked into my office looking refreshed with a great tan, relaxed physical demeanor and a big smile, yet he hadn’t gone on vacation. He started playing baseball in what he described as “an old men’s league.”

“When we were kids, we had many activities that we enjoyed, in addition to our job, which was going to school,” he said. “As you get older, you have more commitments. Work, travel, kids’ school and athletics and activities, time with your spouse, and others. You lose sight of yourself because you are focused on everyone else.”

As the creator of Brand You: A Strategy for Personal Leader Branding (helps individuals build their confidence in the value that they bring, and to align their walk and talk), I couldn’t help but reflect on whether typical personal leadership brands have become two dimensional – work and family?

I took an informal study of colleagues and professional friends, asking whether work and family are enough to bring your brand to life, differentiate you and enrich your brand? I heard things like:

More
Working...
X